In my first post, I want to talk about the importance of e-mail marketing, but more than that, willl give you the five steps to get started with e-mail marketing if you haven’t already.
- First of all, you’re going to need to pick a platform to be able to send your mails in mass. If you’re just starting out, I suggest you use Mailchimp or Aweber. Both are easy to use and beginner friendly.These are the websites that are going to host all those e-mail addresses that you’re collecting in a way that keeps you organized. Each of these platforms, sends their emails from a reliable and trustful server and the people can easily unsubscribe from your list if they want to.
- The next thing you’re going to do is create a list. So once you’ve created an account with one of these e-mail marketing platforms, you have to create your main list.A lot of beginner try to segment or create multiple e-mail lists. But, just keep it simple, create your main list and then get sophisticated once you’ve started to grow your list.
My list is called Shering’s elite subscribers, but you can name yours however you like. This name might be seen as a title according to your mailing platform. In that case, you would not want to name it long and complicated.
Now we got our list all set up, you’re ready to collect e-mails. Now it’s time to create an auto responder.
- An auto responder is an email that goes out immediately after someone confirms their subscription.
If you signup my list, my auto responder send you a free marketing guide as a gift. You can send your own gifts too to be memorable.If you have different forms for the different visitors, you can set up more responders.
- Now you need to create those opt-in forms for your website. Because we’ve got our list ready, we have our auto responder that send your gift. Within your e-mail marketing platform, go to your list and create a form spesific to that list. Maybe create one for sidebar, which is something that should be seen in every page of your website. Maybe create a full landing page.
- Finally and most importantly, prepare that first e-mail blast to go out. If you don’t do that and rely 100% on the auto responders, you’re not going to have a healthy list. And you need to be very clear in both your opt-in forms and newsletters, how regularly you plan to communicate with them.Staying consistent and delivering this transparency is a great way to keep people happy, which is exactly what you want.
Do you have anything to add? Then let us know in your comment.